A47 closed due to spillage of offal
- Credit: IAN BURT
The A47 between Swaffham and Dereham has been closed for a number of hours today due to spillage of offal.
Norfolk Police were called just after 9am on Tuesday morning (September 7) to reports of a lorry shedding its load on the A47 at Necton.
Highways England reported that the A47 was closed eastbound between the A1065 Castleacre road and the junction with the A1075 Tavern lane.
The road is now not expected to be cleared until tomorrow, with closures and diversions expected to be in place at least until the early hours of tomorrow morning.
The A47 between Dereham and Swaffham remains congested both directions and delays can be expected.
Members of the public have commented on the EDP Facebook page stating that there is a strong smell in the area.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 2 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 3 Gym set to host fundraiser for brave youngster Logan
- 4 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 5 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 6 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 7 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 8 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 9 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages