A47 closed due to spillage of offal
- Credit: IAN BURT
The A47 between Swaffham and Dereham has been closed for a number of hours today due to spillage of offal.
Norfolk Police were called just after 9am on Tuesday morning (September 7) to reports of a lorry shedding its load on the A47 at Necton.
Highways England reported that the A47 was closed eastbound between the A1065 Castleacre road and the junction with the A1075 Tavern lane.
The road is now not expected to be cleared until tomorrow, with closures and diversions expected to be in place at least until the early hours of tomorrow morning.
The A47 between Dereham and Swaffham remains congested both directions and delays can be expected.
Members of the public have commented on the EDP Facebook page stating that there is a strong smell in the area.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 'Patience is key' - Terry and Shirley share secret to 60 years of marriage
- 2 Dereham Lions take families to meet Father Christmas
- 3 How are businesses feeling about the threat of Omicron?
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Excitement as church's wreath trail returns to Dereham
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Police officer puts on a show for charity that means a lot to him
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 10 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute