Overnight closures for roadworks on A47
- Credit: Archant
Overnight closures are due to be in force on the A47 from tonight until Tuesday.
The roadworks will be in place from 8pm to 6am between the Thickthorn Interchange and Trowse eastbound.
Norfolk County Council has said diversions will be in place via the A11 and the A146 to Trowse Newton, to re-join onto the A47.
Highways England committed £300m to improve the A47 with work beginning in 2020.
AA Roadwatch currently states there are delays of nine minutes on the Norwich Southern Bypass eastbound with average speeds of 20mph.
You may also want to watch:
There is also slow moving traffic both ways from the Thickthorn Roundabout to A146 Loddon Road due to the roadworks with a contraflow system in place.
Emergency services and local businesses have spoken about how the roadworks have disrupted them. Click here to read the full story.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000