Delays expected as 37-ton boat to be transported along A47
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Drivers are being warned to expect delays on some of the county’s major roads this week as an abnormal load is transported through Norfolk.
A boat weighing more than 37 tons will be moved from Lowestoft Marina to the Cambridgeshire border on Thursday, June 4.
The boat is 22 metres long and 4.8m wide, and is scheduled to begin its journey at 10am.
It will first move along local roads before joining the B1531 and then the A1117.
It will then travel on the A146, later joining the A143 before moving back onto the A146 heading towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The abnormal load will then travel along the A47 until it reaches the Cambridgeshire border.
Norfolk Police have advised motorists to expect delays if travelling along any of these roads on Thursday.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 4 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 5 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich