Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- Credit: Google
A road has been closed due to electric cables catching fire in mid Norfolk.
Fire services and the police are currently at the scene between Hardingham and Kimberly near Wymondham.
The B1135 has been closed to traffic between the two villages.
Police were called at 1.40pm to reports that a power cable had caught alight at the junction with Danemoor Lane and Norwich Road.
The fire service were then called and an appliance from Earlham attended the scene.
The crew used fixed firefighting equipment to extinguish the fire and a thermal imaging camera to check for any hot spots.
The stop message was sent at 2.32pm.
- 1 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 2 Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- 3 Village chapel could be converted into homes
- 4 Troops parade through Dereham after being given freedom of the town
- 5 Why this Dereham store is attracting athletes from across the UK
- 6 Chance to try leisure centre for free at open day
- 7 Developer requests not to contribute £100,000 for affordable housing
- 8 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 9 Enjoy a luxury break under the night sky in estate's new stargazing tents
- 10 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
The road remains closed and UK Power Network engineers are also in attendance.