A47 closed in both directions after four vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are on the scene of a four vehicle road traffic collision on the A47, which has closed the road in both directions.
The road has been shut in both directions at the Wendling junction and at Chapel Lane between Dereham and Swaffham, following the collision between three cars and a small hire van.
Norfolk Police first reported the collision at 6.26pm on Saturday, with fire crews assisting to rescue occupants trapped in the van.
At 8pm, police were awaiting the recovery of the vehicles and the clear up of a oil spill but said the road should be opened shortly.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is a four vehicle road traffic collision, police fire and ambulance will be attending. We are already on the scene."
The spokesman said minor injuries have been reported.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Dereham and Earlham to the collision.
- 1 £200m A47 dualling work to start next year after government grants go-ahead
- 2 'Gunshot' manhole cover repaired
- 3 Couple fined after string of thefts at Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores
- 4 'He's an amazing person' - David's cancer battle inspires fundraising
- 5 Fun day with match featuring Norwich City legends postponed due to heat
- 6 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 7 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 8 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 10 Meet the triathlete teen with Olympic dreams
Crews helped make the scene safe and used hydraulic rescue equipment and lines to free occupants in the van.
The fire service left the scene at 6.51pm.