A47 closed in both directions after four vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are on the scene of a four vehicle road traffic collision on the A47, which has closed the road in both directions.
The road has been shut in both directions at the Wendling junction and at Chapel Lane between Dereham and Swaffham, following the collision between three cars and a small hire van.
Norfolk Police first reported the collision at 6.26pm on Saturday, with fire crews assisting to rescue occupants trapped in the van.
At 8pm, police were awaiting the recovery of the vehicles and the clear up of a oil spill but said the road should be opened shortly.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "It is a four vehicle road traffic collision, police fire and ambulance will be attending. We are already on the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said minor injuries have been reported.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Dereham and Earlham to the collision.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Crews helped make the scene safe and used hydraulic rescue equipment and lines to free occupants in the van.
The fire service left the scene at 6.51pm.