A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- Credit: Google
A section of the A148 in West Norfolk will be closed for most of the morning after a "serious" crash early this morning.
Police said the road would be closed at the village of Hillington, near King's Lynn, between the B1440 and the B1153, "due to a serious road traffic collision".
Firefighters from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am this morning to assist police.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area as the road will be closed "for most of the morning". Police said they expect the road to remain shut until around midday.
A diversion is in place.
As a result of the accident, Konectbus said its 20A Dereham schools service due to start at Great Massingham at 7.10am would begin instead from Swaffham at 7.27am.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Vandals throw wood stain over bowls club green
- 2 Fish and chip shop to reopen after months of "moral" closure
- 3 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab
- 4 Breckland council tax jumps 5.3pc
- 5 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- 6 Two people caught driving in dark without lights in police crackdown
- 7 Town council considers "further action" over 100-home development
- 8 Dog groomer's concerns as lockdown sees spike in training online
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 SURVEY: Can Dereham cope with more housing?