Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- Credit: One Network
Drivers can expect overnight road closures between Swaffham and Dereham, due to repair work on the A47.
From September 20 until October 1, the A47, Swaffham to Toftwood, will be closed eastbound and westbound from 8pm until 6am.
This is due to resurfacing works and the renewal of road markings and studs.
In a letter to residents a Highways England spokesperson wrote: “We plan to complete these works over two weeks, from Monday, September 20, to Friday, October 1 on weeknights only.
“Working between the hours of 8pm and 6am, and subject to weather conditions.”
“We have closely liaised with the Local Highway Authority within the area, to agree the most suitable diversion routes.”
Eastbound traffic will exit the A47 at Swaffham roundabout onto the A1065.
- 1 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 2 Dereham school recognised for commitment to equality and diversity
- 3 What's going to be happening on Dereham Day?
- 4 Extra speed check camera vans to target Norfolk's 'village speeders'
- 5 Cost of living - 'Rising energy bills mean we've had to shut'
- 6 Crash on A47 causes delays and bus disruption
- 7 Norfolk woman dies after being stung by wasp in Spain
- 8 Excitement building ahead of first ever Dereham Day
- 9 Decision over dualling section of A47 expected by August
- 10 Dereham Day: Cinema to screen short film on 1930s life
At Munford, traffic will join the A134 and then travel on the A11 to Thickthorn Interchange to rejoin the A47 and travel west.
Westbound traffic will follow the same diversion but in reverse.