Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- Credit: One Network
Drivers can expect overnight road closures between Swaffham and Dereham, due to repair work on the A47.
From September 20 until October 1, the A47, Swaffham to Toftwood, will be closed eastbound and westbound from 8pm until 6am.
This is due to resurfacing works and the renewal of road markings and studs.
In a letter to residents a Highways England spokesperson wrote: “We plan to complete these works over two weeks, from Monday, September 20, to Friday, October 1 on weeknights only.
“Working between the hours of 8pm and 6am, and subject to weather conditions.”
“We have closely liaised with the Local Highway Authority within the area, to agree the most suitable diversion routes.”
Eastbound traffic will exit the A47 at Swaffham roundabout onto the A1065.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
At Munford, traffic will join the A134 and then travel on the A11 to Thickthorn Interchange to rejoin the A47 and travel west.
Westbound traffic will follow the same diversion but in reverse.