Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway
- Credit: Aaron McMillan
Overnight work to resurface a road has begun outside Fakenham.
Routine maintenance work has started to resurface the carriageway on the A1067, Norwich Road in Guist, between The Swan and Foulsham Road junction.
The work will involve taking up and replacing the old and worn out carriageway and replacing it with a new smooth surface, and reinstatement of existing road markings.
The works are to be undertaken overnight between 7.30pm and 7am.
Overnight the stretch of road will be closed, with a fully signed official diversion route in place.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said access to properties, and for pedestrians, will be maintained at all times.
The road closure time takes into account the time it takes for the new surface to harden so once the road is opened each day it will be ready for use.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
To help minimise disruption for residents, the noisiest parts will be carried out before 11pm.
The work should be completed within eight days, weather permitting, having started on June 21.