Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway
- Credit: Aaron McMillan
Overnight work to resurface a road has begun outside Fakenham.
Routine maintenance work has started to resurface the carriageway on the A1067, Norwich Road in Guist, between The Swan and Foulsham Road junction.
The work will involve taking up and replacing the old and worn out carriageway and replacing it with a new smooth surface, and reinstatement of existing road markings.
The works are to be undertaken overnight between 7.30pm and 7am.
Overnight the stretch of road will be closed, with a fully signed official diversion route in place.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said access to properties, and for pedestrians, will be maintained at all times.
The road closure time takes into account the time it takes for the new surface to harden so once the road is opened each day it will be ready for use.
- 1 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 5 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town
To help minimise disruption for residents, the noisiest parts will be carried out before 11pm.
The work should be completed within eight days, weather permitting, having started on June 21.