Trio of road closures to result in long diversions for two weeks
- Credit: Google Street View
Drivers are facing lengthy delays during a series of roadworks in a mid-Norfolk village.
Significant disruption is expected in Mattishall, near Dereham, until August 4 due to a trio of road closures.
The first round of work - to repair a burst water main - is already under way at Clint Green, meaning Norwich Road is shut between Mattishall and Yaxham until Sunday (July 24).
Drivers have been advised to take a 10-mile diversion through Whinburgh, Garvestone and Thuxton, although some villagers have recommended using Paper Street and Cutthroat Lane.
Further roadworks will begin on Monday, July 25 to establish a sewer connection outside The Kingfishers development off Dereham Road.
The official diversion is a 15-mile route which involves using the A47 from Honingham to Dereham.
This closure is due to last until Sunday, July 31.
- 1 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 2 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
- 3 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 4 'Not a lot of spending' - Dereham traders report footfall decline
- 5 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 6 Could you help to monitor standards inside this Norfolk prison?
- 7 Canaries legends to feature in match for brave four-year-old Kayla
- 8 Drivers face delays after two crashes near Dereham
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Meet the triathlete teen with Olympic dreams
Finally, part of Mill Road will be closed from August 2-4 due to Anglian Water work.
Motorists can use a three-mile diversion to get round via Burgh Lane, Mattishall Lane and Chippings Green.