Travel advice for drivers
PUBLISHED: 11:10 18 January 2013 | UPDATED: 11:52 18 January 2013
Only travel if necessary but if you do, remember to check our tips these before you go.
- Antifreeze: Check coolant regularly, and top-up with mixture of the right type
- Battery: A battery more than five years old may struggle in cold weather
- Petrol: Keep at least a quarter of a tank in case of delays
- Lights: Clean and check all lights regularly, and carry spare bulbs
- Tyres: They should have at least 3mm tread and check the pressure every fortnight
- Windscreen: Clear it completely before leaving
- Screenwash: Use 50pc mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce chance of freezing
- Locks and seals: Stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of Vaseline on rubber door seals
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dereham Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.