Tributes being paid to popular sportsman Max Cheetham who has died suddenly
- Credit: Archant
Warm tributes have been paid to a popular local sportsman who has died suddenly aged 32.
Max Cheetham was was well known for the years he spent as a club captain and player at the Dereham Cricket Club.
The cricket club wrote on Twitter: 'It is with great sadness we have to inform you all of the passing of our friend Max Cheetham.
'Max was a former club captain and player who spent many, many years at DCC. He was a great person to be around either on or off the pitch.'
Mr Cheetham was also a keen hockey player.
You may also want to watch:
Many other tributes have been paid to Mr Cheetham. describing him as 'energetic, fun, genuine, passionate about sport and a top bloke.'
The cause of death has not been confirmed.
- 1 'Singing in their seats' - Pubs promise loud atmosphere for England game
- 2 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 3 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Town pub revamped as carveries prove a hit
- 9 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 10 Man in 30s left in need of surgery after serious assault
Did you know Mr Cheetham? Would you like to pay tribute? Email us at email@example.com.