Tributes being paid to popular sportsman Max Cheetham who has died suddenly
- Credit: Archant
Warm tributes have been paid to a popular local sportsman who has died suddenly aged 32.
Max Cheetham was was well known for the years he spent as a club captain and player at the Dereham Cricket Club.
The cricket club wrote on Twitter: 'It is with great sadness we have to inform you all of the passing of our friend Max Cheetham.
'Max was a former club captain and player who spent many, many years at DCC. He was a great person to be around either on or off the pitch.'
Mr Cheetham was also a keen hockey player.
You may also want to watch:
Many other tributes have been paid to Mr Cheetham. describing him as 'energetic, fun, genuine, passionate about sport and a top bloke.'
The cause of death has not been confirmed.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
Did you know Mr Cheetham? Would you like to pay tribute? Email us at email@example.com.