Tributes paid to army corporal who died in car accident
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid after a corporal in the Light Dragoons died in a car accident.
The British Army's light calvary regiment has announced Corporal Richard Blain died following the crash on Thursday, September 19.
A spokesman from the regiment said: "Our thoughts are with his family and friends and he will be sorely missed.
"At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember him."
The Light Dragoons were based at Swanton Morley in Norfolk before moving to Catterick, Yorkshire, in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
One tribute posted on Facebook read: "Dicky Blain was a truly fantastic individual. A born leader and someone who I admired and had the privilege to work alongside, a sad loss to our Light Dragoon family.
"RIP Cpl Dicky Blain sleep well and rest easy."
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
And another read: "God bless, rest in peace, so sorry to all family and friends for such a loss."
-Would you like to pay tribute to Corporal Blain? Email firstname.lastname@example.org