Tributes paid to army corporal who died in car accident
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid after a corporal in the Light Dragoons died in a car accident.
The British Army's light calvary regiment has announced Corporal Richard Blain died following the crash on Thursday, September 19.
A spokesman from the regiment said: "Our thoughts are with his family and friends and he will be sorely missed.
"At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember him."
The Light Dragoons were based at Swanton Morley in Norfolk before moving to Catterick, Yorkshire, in 2015.
One tribute posted on Facebook read: "Dicky Blain was a truly fantastic individual. A born leader and someone who I admired and had the privilege to work alongside, a sad loss to our Light Dragoon family.
"RIP Cpl Dicky Blain sleep well and rest easy."
- 1 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 2 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 3 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 4 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 8 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 9 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 10 Birthplace of Norfolk literary legend could soon host holiday lets
And another read: "God bless, rest in peace, so sorry to all family and friends for such a loss."
-Would you like to pay tribute to Corporal Blain? Email firstname.lastname@example.org