Twins star in Kingdom
A pair of twin girls from Norfolk have been making their TV debut on the new series of Kingdom.Sisters Aimee and Katie Skipper, two-and-a-half, were picked to share a role in the ITV series starring Stephen Fry last year.
A PAIR of twin girls from have been making their TV debuts on the new series of Kingdom.
Sisters Aimee and Katie Skipper, two-and-a-half, were picked to share a role in the ITV series starring Stephen Fry last year.
The youngsters from Scarning, near Dereham, took it in turns to play the role of Petra, the daughter of Beatrice Kingdom (actress Hermione Norris) in the Norfolk-based show set in the fictional town of Market Shipborough.
The show follows the fortunes of Beatrice's brother, country solicitor Peter Kingdom (Fry), and the twins spent about 14 days filming across the county in August and September, with their mum Vicky Skipper chaperoning them.
And Mrs Skipper got a nice surprise ahead of the series being aired when she spotted one of her daughters in a trailer for Kingdom.
Mrs Skipper, who until then had not seen any of the footage of the show, said: "I just felt really proud. It was really lovely to actually see one of the girls on TV. In the trailer there was a very quick glance of Aimee sitting in a pushchair.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 4 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 5 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 8 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 9 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
"I've also been told there is a trailer where Hermione is holding Katie."
Mrs Skipper said the girls were quite excited to see the advert.
"Katie was like, 'mummy, mummy, look!' and we rewatched it a few times!"
The girls are due to feature in each episode of the six-part drama.
Mrs Skipper, who works in Tesco at Dereham, said taking part in the filming was a great experience for the girls.
"I think Aimee and Katie really enjoyed it. It was just a lot of playing for them," she said.
"The cast and crew were really lovely with them and the girls really took to Hermione Norris and Celia Imrie. The girls would sit in Celia's trailer and read books with her."
She said Aimee and Katie were too young to really understand about the show but that the rest of the family, including their dad Barry and big sister Louise, five, were really excited about seeing them on TV.
Mrs Skipper added she was not sure if the girls would do more acting or modelling work in the future but that she would be interested in them taking part in Kingdom again if a fourth series was commissioned.
A lot of Norfolk people were also involved in the behind the scenes aspects of filming the show through the Xcellerate scheme administered by regional screen agency Screen East, and Fry has also said that the county has become a "real star" in the show.
Series three of Kingdom is currently on ITV on Sunday evenings.