Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- Credit: Tony Abel
Fire crews were called to a small road in Reymerston after a tractor caught fire this afternoon.
Fire crews from Dereham and Wymondham were initially called at 2.25pm to the blaze in Bateman's Lane in Reymerston, in mid-Norfolk.
An eyewitness said that the smoke from the tractor fire was thick and dark grey, stretching back for about half a mile.
Crews put out the fire using jets and a thermal image camera.
The fire was out by 3pm.
A crew was called back to the scene at 4.50pm.
A small open fire had broken out nearby to the original call.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Lots of smiles and festive cheer seen at town's Christmas light switch on
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 5 Cast your votes in the Times Awards 2021
- 6 Village pub could reopen as soon as the spring
- 7 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 8 Delays after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 10 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
The second fire was out by 5.30pm.