Two promotions in two seasons for Dereham’s Todd Cantwell
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It has been another season to remember for Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell.
Despite being aged just 21, he has been celebrating the second promotion of his senior career after the Canaries confirmed their place in the Premier League with a win over Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
Cantwell, who is from Dereham and played for Dereham Town Youth, also won promotion in the Netherlands while on loan from Norwich at then second division side Fortuna Sittard last season.
After returning to the Canaries this season, Cantwell broke into the first team, making his debut against Reading in September and setting up Teemu Pukki for the first goal in a 2-1 win.
He has featured throughout this season and scored his first goal for the club in a 3-1 win against Rotherham.
The midfielder took to Twitter to celebrate City's promotion and said: 'First two seasons in professional football, two promotions back to back! I want to say what a pleasure it is to be a part of this team. BACK IN THE BIG TIME.'
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 6 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 7 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 8 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 9 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 10 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade