Cat rescue centre supported by recently bereaved families
- Credit: JAMES BASS PHOTOGRAPHY
A cat rescue charity from Dereham is set to benefit from a share of money raised as part of a fundraising scheme supported by recently bereaved families.
Venture Farm Cat Rescue is one of nine charities picked by the East of England Co-op Funeral Service's Community Giving Scheme.
The scheme invites Co-op members who have used its funeral services to vote for which local charities and good causes receives a share of a financial gift.
Venture Farm received a donation of £750 from Lisa Warman, based at the Dereham branch.
She said: "The Community Giving Scheme was designed as a way for us to encourage people to help us do something positive for good causes in memory of the person they have lost."
You may also want to watch:
Other Norfolk-based charities to benefit are Snetterton Dogs Trust and The Priory Centre.
Hazel Hatton, of Venture, added: "It will go a long way towards helping us rescue even more cats and kittens."
- 1 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 8 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal