Cat rescue centre supported by recently bereaved families
- Credit: JAMES BASS PHOTOGRAPHY
A cat rescue charity from Dereham is set to benefit from a share of money raised as part of a fundraising scheme supported by recently bereaved families.
Venture Farm Cat Rescue is one of nine charities picked by the East of England Co-op Funeral Service's Community Giving Scheme.
The scheme invites Co-op members who have used its funeral services to vote for which local charities and good causes receives a share of a financial gift.
Venture Farm received a donation of £750 from Lisa Warman, based at the Dereham branch.
She said: "The Community Giving Scheme was designed as a way for us to encourage people to help us do something positive for good causes in memory of the person they have lost."
You may also want to watch:
Other Norfolk-based charities to benefit are Snetterton Dogs Trust and The Priory Centre.
Hazel Hatton, of Venture, added: "It will go a long way towards helping us rescue even more cats and kittens."
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 9 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry