Villages bid to trace history
VILLAGERS in Bawdeswell and Foxley are hoping to put together a book showing the history of their villages in photos.The village hall committee, which is organising the book, is appealing to villagers for their photographs taken recently and from many years ago.
VILLAGERS in Bawdeswell and Foxley are hoping to put together a book showing the history of their villages in photos.
The village hall committee, which is organising the book, is appealing to villagers for their photographs taken recently and from many years ago.
The group already has some of the old church and the new church being built, but
would like many more including before, during and after.
You may also want to watch:
Places mentioned are the bypass, both churches, Hall Road, Two Fields Way, Saxon Meadows, the old village hall, the current village halls, old pubs - Natterjack and Silver Jubilee, Bell Inn, The Black Horse, The Old Workhouse - and any of the old shops and post offices, such as top shop and bottom shop, the butchers, garden centre, the old garage and new garage.
Other pictures they would like are when Foxley West and East were one, the old Reepham Road, The Street, Foxley, street parties - including the Silver Jubilee and Golden Jubilee - village fetes, Bawdeswell School, weddings or other events.
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 5 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 6 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
Basically, all photos are welcome.
Stories about the village
are also welcome, including old receipts or ration
Cash made from selling the book would go towards a new village hall.
Pass your photos/
memorabilia on to Fel Roberts, 5 Reepham Road, Bawdeswell, (01362) 688876 or 07957
254503 or email davenfel@