Warning over 4x4s
Ian Clarke Owners of 4x4 vehicles have been given a "be more careful or lose it" warning by police after a spate of thefts in the Dereham and Swaffham areas.Eight vehicles have been taken in the past month and the majority are older type with L to X registration plates.
DEREHAM and SWAFFHAM: Owners of 4x4 vehicles have been given a warning by police after a spate of thefts in the Dereham and Swaffham areas.
Eight vehicles have been taken in the past month and the majority are the older type with L to X registration plates.
They have been stolen from driveways and in one case from a farm field.
On occasions, keys have been left inside.
Owners have also left tools inside.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 10 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
Insp Peter Walsh, of Dereham police, said: "We strongly advise owners of 4x4s, especially when kept outside, to secure the vehicles carefully and keep the keys out. Also remove tools and immobilise the vehicles."