Warning over 4x4s
Ian Clarke Owners of 4x4 vehicles have been given a "be more careful or lose it" warning by police after a spate of thefts in the Dereham and Swaffham areas.Eight vehicles have been taken in the past month and the majority are older type with L to X registration plates.
DEREHAM and SWAFFHAM: Owners of 4x4 vehicles have been given a warning by police after a spate of thefts in the Dereham and Swaffham areas.
Eight vehicles have been taken in the past month and the majority are the older type with L to X registration plates.
They have been stolen from driveways and in one case from a farm field.
You may also want to watch:
On occasions, keys have been left inside.
Owners have also left tools inside.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Insp Peter Walsh, of Dereham police, said: "We strongly advise owners of 4x4s, especially when kept outside, to secure the vehicles carefully and keep the keys out. Also remove tools and immobilise the vehicles."