Butcher defrosts locks as volunteers help iced-up GP surgeries to open
- Credit: Reepham and Aylsham Medical Practice
Businesses, including a butcher with hot water, came to the rescue to help two snow- and ice-bound GP practices open their doors to patients.
Wendy Dicks, manager of Reepham and Aylsham Medical Practices, said: “At Aylsham on Tuesday the locks to the doors at the surgery were frozen and we could not unlock the building.
“Coxfords Butchers came to our rescue to melt the snow with hot water to allow us to enter.”
She said: “Staff had tried in vain to keep the snow drifts from the paths, and patients helped to move sandbags and dig the snow to clear pathways.
“At Reepham, staff had also been trying to clear the paths and on Wednesday, G & R Harold of Heydon came up with machinery to clear the car park.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Dicks added: “It is amazing that every year without asking patients and local businesses just pop up from nowhere to allow us to stay open and we are incredibly grateful to them.”
- 1 Teenager's attempt to take corner at 101mph caused death of keen cricketer
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 4 People urged to get Covid test twice a week
- 5 Mum describes how 'amazing' army of medics saved her new baby
- 6 Wetherspoon to reopen beer gardens and patios
- 7 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 8 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 9 Call for more Norfolk roads to be covered by pay and display charges
- 10 Young people 'nervous' about heading back to school