Norfolk wakes up to light dusting of snow as temperatures plummet overnight
- Credit: Peter Walsh, Archant Norfolk
Norfolk has woken up to freezing temperatures and a very light dusting of snow this morning.
Anyone driving into work for an early shift in the county is likely to have had to clear their car windows of some of the white stuff which fell as part of wintry showers overnight.
The chilly weather, which comes after a bright and sunny Easter Sunday, was predicted by forecasters at University of East Anglia-based Weatherquest.
In a forecast for East Anglia, Weatherquest yesterday tweeted: "Wintry showers continuing in the NE of the region, but most places staying dry with largely clear skies.
"Remaining breezy at the NE coast, but NW'ly winds becoming light elsewhere. A widespread frost developing as temps fall as low as -4C in rural spots".
You may also want to watch:
There was not much snow, but conditions remained chilly for much of yesterday which saw highs of about 7C.
Writing on Twitter yesterday, a Weatherquest forecaster said: "A cloudy start, with rain for a time, but this should soon clear to leave much of the day dry with sunny spells.
- 1 Customers 'overjoyed' by new rural shop
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 BGT star leaves children in 'fits of laughter' with school performance
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 'We've got a serious fire in our belly' - Dereham band's post-Covid tour
- 7 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 8 'It's lovely seeing people back'- Smiles as zoo reopens for families
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
"Feeling cold, with highest temperatures around 7C and a moderate to fresh north to northwesterly wind which will be strong around the north coast."