Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Credit: Sophie Kendall
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have today been turned into a winter wonderland.
The first snow of 2021 has fallen across the region given most places at least a light dusting of the white stuff or in some areas a more substantial covering.
Mid and West Norfolk have seen the most with areas around King's Lynn seeing sustained snow falls and it has been particularly bad around the Fakenham area.
A number of main roads were reported to be impassable with drivers warned to be extra careful.
Many families woke up on Saturday morning to see their gardens, drives and neighbourhoods given a covering of snow.
And while people can't meet up with friends or travel to enjoy it, plenty have made the most of the weather from their gardens or streets.
Plenty shared pictures of the white landscape outside their homes - some expressing surprise, despite forecasts, and others delighted to see it.
- 1 Teenager's attempt to take corner at 101mph caused death of keen cricketer
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 4 People urged to get Covid test twice a week
- 5 Mum describes how 'amazing' army of medics saved her new baby
- 6 Wetherspoon to reopen beer gardens and patios
- 7 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 8 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 9 Young people 'nervous' about heading back to school
- 10 Call for more Norfolk roads to be covered by pay and display charges