Scorchio! First 30C September day in four years on the horizon, forecasters predict
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Norfolk is set to sizzle, with weather forecasters predicting temperatures could reach the 30C mark in September for the first time in four years.
The last time the mercuries hit 30C in September was in the autumn of 2016, with highs ordinarily settling just beyond 20C at this time of year.
However, forecasters predict this could be about to end, with an Indian Summer tipped to bring temperatures of 30C on Tuesday, as heat creeps up over the weekend.
Adam Dury, a forecaster at Norwich-based forecasters Weatherquest has said temperatures will gradually increase over the weekend, with a peak expected in the early parts of next week.
He said: “On Tuesday there is definitely potential that temperatures will reach highs of around 29C and could reach 30C.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not unusual for temperatures in the 20s this time of year and we had a bit of a hot spell last year. The hottest September temperature on record is 34.6C and we won’t get anywhere near that, but it could certainly be warm.”
Mr Dury said Sumday would see largely dry and sunny conditions, with temperatures in the early-to-mid-twenties.
- 1 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 2 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 6 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
He added; “Tuesday is likely to be the peak but it will stay warm throughout the week, with temperatures sticking around the 22-23C mark on Thursday and Friday.
“It will still be quite humid though.”