Temperatures to rise again this weekend with highs of 31C in Norfolk
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
The cooler temperatures of the past few days have been a welcome relief following the extreme heat earlier this week.
Temperatures have dropped to the low 20s since but mercury levels are forecast to rise once again this weekend.
Norwich-based Weatherquest meteorologist Chris Bell said: "This weekend will see the return of warmer temperatures although not as extreme as the highs we experienced earlier this week.
"Saturday should be a pleasant day with sunny spells and patchy cloud with highs of 26C.
"Sunday will see the peak of temperatures this weekend with highs of 31C.
"However, there will be a strong breeze throughout the day so it will feel cooler than you may expect.
"Clouds will develop Sunday evening and overnight there will be a weak cold front bringing patchy rain.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Heatwave parks steam engines and closes routes for railway
- 3 Townsfolk and firefighters join forces to battle blaze at moor
- 4 Teddy, set, go! Windmill set to host popular zip wire event
- 5 'Doomed for disaster' - Man blasts council over village speed limits
- 6 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 Covid vaccination centre to shut within a month of opening
- 9 Plea to scrap Western Link backed by Chris Packham and Stephen Fry
- 10 Why is this play area still padlocked shut after more than a year?
"Into next week temperatures will drop into the low to mid-20s."
Conditions are set to remain drier than normal for this time of year with no significant rainfall expected for the rest of the month.