Another yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for Norfolk
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Another yellow weather warning has been issued for Norfolk.
Everywhere north of Watton, Loddon and Caister is covered by the warning from the Met Office.
The warning is for heavy rain from 7pm today (June 5) to 4am tomorrow (Monday, June 6).
This carried on from the warning issued by the Met Office for today which forecast thunderstorms from 12pm until 8pm.
The warning for earlier today caused many to postpone or cancel jubilee celebrations.
Dan Holley, meteorologist for Norwich-based Weatherquest, posted rainfall figures on Twitter for the 24 hours to 10am on Sunday, June 5.
This showed that Denver in west Norfolk had seen 44mm fall, which is around 80pc of the village's average rainfall for June and was the most measured in the East of England for that timeframe.
The Met Office has warned that the heavy rain could cause flooding in businesses and homes.
It also said that transport services may be disrupted and water on roads may cause delays.
- 1 Townsfolk and firefighters join forces to battle blaze at moor
- 2 Heatwave parks steam engines and closes routes for railway
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Covid vaccination centre to shut within a month of opening
- 5 Teddy, set, go! Windmill set to host popular zip wire event
- 6 Couple fined after string of thefts at Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores
- 7 Revealed: Some of the places you are most likely to spot ghosts in Norfolk
- 8 Work to pave way for £200m dualling of A47 will begin this year
- 9 Cyclist celebrates 70th birthday by pedalling to 70 churches
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
The temperature in Norfolk overnight is set to be between 11C and 13C.