Wedding dresses for sale
FOR two decades Sandra Smith has been closely involved in the happiest day of hundreds of girls' lives.Sandra has run a bridal and evening wear shop in a residential cul-de-sac in Fakenham and has both made wedding gowns and purchased them from suppliers.
FOR two decades Sandra Smith has been closely involved in the happiest day of hundreds of girls' lives.
Sandra has run a bridal and evening wear shop in a residential cul-de-sac in Fakenham and has both made wedding gowns and purchased them from suppliers.
But now, after 20 years in business, Mrs Smith, who lives with husband, Nigel, in a flat above her shop in Walnut Grove, off Norwich Road, has decided that she wants to close the business and have more time to herself.
She has dozens of wedding dresses, bridesmaids' dresses and pairs of bridal shoes that she wants to sell, and says she would dispose of the whole lot for something in the region of £7,500. Today there are numerous wedding photographs taking pride of place in homes all over the region showing happy couples on their wedding day with the bride wearing the dress that Sandra made for them or which they bought from her ready-made collection.
You may also want to watch:
It all began for Sandra, when she was working in the office at the old English's Garage on Holt Road in Fakenham and another girl there asked her if she would make her wedding dress and bridesmaids' dresses. At that time she was working in a bedroom of her house. It soon became apparent that she would need more room, and she and her husband decided to take over a old Spar shop in Walnut Grove. They opened the shop and moved into the flat above.
Mrs Smith said that she had always loved dress-making and had really enjoyed ensuring that the brides-to-be who came to her for their wedding gowns went away happy with their gowns.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 4 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 5 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 8 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
Interestingly Mrs Smith has yet to make a wedding dress for her own daughter, 30-year-old Becky. She is in a relationship but shows no signs of wanting to walk down the aisle yet, says Mrs Smith.
More information about Sandra Smith's bridal collection for sale is available on 01328 851794.