What do you think?
The people of Dereham are to be asked what they think about a proposed £350,000 bus interchange near the end of this month, it has been revealed.Bus firms have already been asked what they think about the new scheme for busses going through the town's town centre, with what has been called an interchange in Market Place.
The people of Dereham are to be asked what they think about a proposed £350,000 bus interchange near the end of this month, it has been revealed.
Bus firms have already been asked what they think about the new scheme for busses going through the town's town centre, with what has been called an interchange in Market Place.
Now Norfolk County Council is asking the town council what it thinks, as well as police, the fire service and others statutory bodies who may have a view on the scheme.
Then the public is to be given about one month to say what they think about the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The current plan would see buses driving up High Street into the town centre with new disability act compliant bus shelters in Market Place, only on the Big Fry side of the road.
Work is due to start on the scheme in 2008/9.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
It has seen opposition from Dereham Society and others who have come up with alternative schemes, one seeing busses picking up and dropping off passengers in Norwich Road.
They have said having it in Market Place would further erode the town's market and would make any possible future pedestrianisation difficult.
Dereham Town Council has repeatedly said it is waiting for the bus interchange scheme to be finalised before it looks at moving the Friday market back from Cowper Road car park to Market Place.