What makes you happy on International Day of Happiness?
- Credit: Helen Bailey
It may be Monday and not traditionally known to be the most uplifting day of the week but today is International Day of Happiness.
So are you feeling it or do you think it is just another meaningless gimmick?
The event was started in 2013 as a global celebration to be held every March 20 and all 193 United Nations member states have adopted a resolution calling for happiness to be given greater priority.
They say people are now recognising that progress should be about increasing human happiness and wellbeing, not just growing the economy.
So what makes you happy?
You may also want to watch:
Maybe it is performing on stage, just as Dereham Youth Theatre group will be doing when they perform Wizard of Oz at the Memorial Hall from April 5 to 8.
Or is it about spending time with your family? There will be plenty of opportunity to do that this weekend on Mothering Sunday with many venues putting on special events, such as Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 3 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 4 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 5 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 6 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 7 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 8 Dereham Blues Festival cancelled for second year running
- 9 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 10 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
Or does a walk around a beautiful and tranquil garden really get the happiness levels to the top of the scale? Stody Lodge offers something for all the senses when its azaleas and rhododendrons are in full bloom.
The 14 acres of gardens near Melton Constable are open to the public again in May, 1pm-5pm on every Sunday and from Tuesday. May 23 to Friday, May 26 inclusive, and Bank Holiday Monday, May 29.