What’s happening around mid Norfolk for Norfolk Day?
- Credit: Archant
With Norfolk Day 2019 just around the corner, dozens of events will be taking place across mid Norfolk.
From coffee mornings to football fun, music festivals and family activities, a vast array of events are being planned across Nelson's county come Saturday, July 27.
Here's a look at some of the things that will be on in the area:
· Barnham Broom
You may also want to watch:
- Barnham Broom and District WI will be serving cake and a cuppa at Barnham Broom Village Hall from 2pm-4pm on July 27. There will also be a performance from The Windmill Handbell Ringers at 3pm.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- Dereham Town Football Clubisre holding a Norfolk Day event at Aldiss Park and is inviting people to come and watch a pre-season friendly against Mattishall.
- Dereham Library is holding a Norfolk wildlife family craft activity and story time with local author.
- Pond Hopper beer will be available in The White Horse on Norfolk Day.
- Test your knowledge of Norfolk with a quiz at Fakenham Library - just pop into the library and have a go, July 27.
- Bikers and farmers will come together this Saturday to celebrate Norfolk Day in Fakenham Market Place.
- At the library there will be a display celebrating local books.
- A Norfolk Day picnic will take place between 11am to 3pm on Saturday July 27. The village will be hosting a black and yellow themed picnic. There will be refreshments, a WI cake sale, ice cream from Dann's dairy, lots of games, glitter tattoos, YMCA youth club, live music with Lizzie and various stalls.
- The will be a village fete featuring a raffle, tombola, tea and cake, book sale, catch the rat, bowling for a pig, brick a brac stall.
- A cuppa at the library and a chance to share your memories and look at Picture Norfolk Exhibition.
- Norfolk Day at The Bircham Centre will take place on July 26, refreshments will be provided.
- At the library there will be a family quiz and kids' treasure hunt on July 27.
- At the library there will be a cuppa for all with a Norfolk themed fiction display.
- The Wymondham and Bridewell WI will celebrate Norfolk Day and the Norfolk Federation's centenary by handing out cakes and Morsbags in the town centre.
- Are you organising an event? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @norfolk using #NorfolkDay, and promote it on the Norfolk Day Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/norfolkday