Where candidates come from is a big issue in Mid Norfolk
Ian ClarkeHow local is your candidate - and does it matter anyway?Ian Clarke
How local is your candidate - and does it matter anyway?
That has become an issue in Mid Norfolk as the campaign reaches its half way stage.
The full list of nominations has now been published and two of the six - the Greens' Tim Birt and UKIP's Toby Coke - are highlighting their localness to the constituency.
Mr Coke proudly points out he was born in the north of the patch at High House, Weasenham and still lives there.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Birt's home is in Dereham and he is very happy to publicise that he has two children at local schools.
Conservative candidate George Freeman has pioneered the Norfolk Way campaign and, while his home is over in the South West Norfolk constituency, lists a number of his local links and the countless hours he has spent pounding the beat.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
The BNP's Christine Kelly is from King's Lynn and in her election material makes no particular reference to Mid Norfolk specifically, while Labour hopeful Elizabeth Hughes lives in Feltham, Middlesex and is a councillor in Hounslow.
She said she would move to the area if elected and cites a large number of local visits she has made during campaigning.
While the Liberal Democrats have had a huge 'Clegg' bounce nationally since their leader's appearance in the TV debate last week, they have remained very low profile in Mid Norfolk.
Their candidate David Newman's address is just put down as 'Woking' and his biography says he has been a councillor for eight years, but gives no more personal information.