Families enjoy 10th edition of annual steam rally
- Credit: Archant
Families and enthusiasts were treated to free rides, a gin train and live music at a popular steam rally.
Having ridden from the car park aboard a vintage shuttle bus, visitors enjoyed a glimpse of more than 120 exhibits at the Whitwell and Reepham Station Steam Rally held over the course of the weekend (August 3-4).
Now in its 10th year, the rally at the station on Whitwell Road included traction engines, stationary engines and steam engines, with tractors, commercial vehicles and classic cars completing the line-up.
Those not so keen on their locomotives made the most of a gin train, while youngsters were kept happy with free rides on offer across the two days.
Fun for all the family continued with working demonstrations and the Saunders Dancing Show, before Sounds Imperial provided live music in the Sidings function room on Saturday evening.
Visit the Whitwell and Reepham Railway website for more information on events at the station.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney