Families enjoy 10th edition of annual steam rally
- Credit: Archant
Families and enthusiasts were treated to free rides, a gin train and live music at a popular steam rally.
Having ridden from the car park aboard a vintage shuttle bus, visitors enjoyed a glimpse of more than 120 exhibits at the Whitwell and Reepham Station Steam Rally held over the course of the weekend (August 3-4).
Now in its 10th year, the rally at the station on Whitwell Road included traction engines, stationary engines and steam engines, with tractors, commercial vehicles and classic cars completing the line-up.
Those not so keen on their locomotives made the most of a gin train, while youngsters were kept happy with free rides on offer across the two days.
Fun for all the family continued with working demonstrations and the Saunders Dancing Show, before Sounds Imperial provided live music in the Sidings function room on Saturday evening.
Visit the Whitwell and Reepham Railway website for more information on events at the station.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47