Search

Firefighters tackle blaze in Norfolk village after chimney falls inside house

PUBLISHED: 11:22 14 February 2018 | UPDATED: 11:22 14 February 2018

Firefighters were called to chimney fire in Whitwell. Photo: Denise Bradley

Firefighters were called to chimney fire in Whitwell. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

A fire in a Norfolk village is believed to have started after a building’s internal chimney collapsed inside a house.

Crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident at around 3.25pm on yesterday to Whitwell, near Reepham.

Two appliances from Aylsham and Sprowston responded to the call and put the chimney fire out.

They used equipment including hand appliances and backpack sprayers.

A spokesperson for the Service said the chimney had “fallen into the room and caught on fire” after its internal structure had collapsed inside the house, which is believed to be a residential property.

The spokesperson added that no one had been injured during the incident but that the extent of the fire was currently unknown.

- Do you have any information about the incident? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop by emailing donna-louise.bishop@archant.co.uk.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dereham Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dereham Times