Firefighters tackle blaze in Norfolk village after chimney falls inside house
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A fire in a Norfolk village is believed to have started after a building's internal chimney collapsed inside a house.
Crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident at around 3.25pm on yesterday to Whitwell, near Reepham.
Two appliances from Aylsham and Sprowston responded to the call and put the chimney fire out.
They used equipment including hand appliances and backpack sprayers.
A spokesperson for the Service said the chimney had 'fallen into the room and caught on fire' after its internal structure had collapsed inside the house, which is believed to be a residential property.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added that no one had been injured during the incident but that the extent of the fire was currently unknown.
- Do you have any information about the incident? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church