Win your mum a Mothering Sunday bouquet
Win a beautiful bouquet of flowers and show your mum just how much you love her on Mother's Day: Sunday, March 18! Two bouquets, each worth �20, must be won in this week's Times competition.
They will be made up by Maria Barber, part-owner of Daisy's florist, a new enterprise based at Glencoe Court, near the entrance to the Cherry Tree Car Park in Dereham.
The mobile floristry business was set up at the beginning of February, just before St Valentine's Day.
And Maria, 42, puts together flowers for weddings, proms, other celebrations and funerals.
The mother-of-two lives in Dereham and trained as a florist 26 years ago.
She has spent 25 of those years working for a floristry business in Norwich, where she became a manager.
But, in time, Maria decided to start out on her own.
- 1 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 2 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 3 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 6 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 7 Norfolk woman dies after being stung by wasp in Spain
- 8 Dereham school recognised for commitment to equality and diversity
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Cost of living - 'Rising energy bills mean we've had to shut'
She said: 'Business is steady, and the passing trade is good.
'The business community in Dereham is ever so friendly.'
Maria describes her flower arrangements as 'seasonal with a contemporary twist'. And she gets a real buzz from making up displays for all her customers.
Daisy's is open from 9am until 5pm from Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Maria will also travel to customers' homes across the area to discuss their arrangements.
For more information about her service, ring 0800 140 4658, visit www.daisys-norfolk.co.uk or email email@example.com
Our two lucky competition winners will be able to pick the colours that will feature in their bouquets, which will be delivered to the recipients on Mothering Sunday.
For your chance of winning, just answer this question:
QHow does Maria describe her flower arrangements?
Pop your answer on a postcard or the back of an envelope, add your name, address and a contact telephone number, and send your entry to: Times Mother's Day Competition, Dereham and Fakenham Times, Bond House, High Street, Dereham, NR19 1DZ, to arrive by the closing date of Thursday, March 8. The winners will be drawn from the correct answers received, and normal Archant competition rules apply.