Start of Wings Appeal week in Dereham ahead of annual Battle of Britain parade
- Credit: Ian Burt
A special collection day will be held in Dereham next week to help raise funds for serving and ex-servicemen and women.
It comes ahead of the town's annual Battle of Britain memorial parade, organised by the Dereham branch of the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA).
Next week marks the start of the Wings Appeal week.
The Wings Appeal is the RAFA charity which supports and raises funds for Royal Air Force serving and ex-servicemen and women.
Street collections will take place in Dereham on Friday September 14.
You may also want to watch:
And then in Swaffham on Saturday September 15.
The Battle of Britain Parade takes place in Dereham on Sunday September 16 and begins at Dereham's Cherry Tree carpark at 11.15am, before continuing through the marketplace and town centre to St Nicholas' Parish Church, for service at 11.30am to commemorate the bravery of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens