Woman, 78, tells burglars: 'Get out.'
Ian ClarkeA 78-year-old woman confronted two burglars who broke in to her Mid Norfolk home and said: 'What are you doing in my house - get out.'Ian Clarke
A 78-year-old woman confronted two burglars who broke in to her Mid Norfolk home and said: 'What are you doing in my house - get out.'
The pensioner was in bed at at her bungalow at Cubitts Close, Bintree, at about 10.30pm on Saturday when she heard a noise and then a few minutes later two men - both dressed in black with their faces covered - went in to her bedroom.
They asked for money but she got up an told them to get out and followed them in to the hall.
The men then left and it is believed they went out of a kitchen window they had forced to get in.
You may also want to watch:
They had searched the house before they went in to the bedroom and took a small amount of cash.
Det Con Gill Lacey, of Thetford CID, said: 'She did very well.'
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town
Officers want to hear from anyone with information on the incident or who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on Saturday night.
Contact Det Con Lacey at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.