Woman, 78, tells burglars: 'Get out.'
Ian ClarkeA 78-year-old woman confronted two burglars who broke in to her Mid Norfolk home and said: 'What are you doing in my house - get out.'Ian Clarke
A 78-year-old woman confronted two burglars who broke in to her Mid Norfolk home and said: 'What are you doing in my house - get out.'
The pensioner was in bed at at her bungalow at Cubitts Close, Bintree, at about 10.30pm on Saturday when she heard a noise and then a few minutes later two men - both dressed in black with their faces covered - went in to her bedroom.
They asked for money but she got up an told them to get out and followed them in to the hall.
The men then left and it is believed they went out of a kitchen window they had forced to get in.
You may also want to watch:
They had searched the house before they went in to the bedroom and took a small amount of cash.
Det Con Gill Lacey, of Thetford CID, said: 'She did very well.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 6 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 7 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 8 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 9 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
Officers want to hear from anyone with information on the incident or who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on Saturday night.
Contact Det Con Lacey at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.