Woman, 78, tells burglars: 'Get out.'
Ian ClarkeA 78-year-old woman confronted two burglars who broke in to her Mid Norfolk home and said: 'What are you doing in my house - get out.'Ian Clarke
A 78-year-old woman confronted two burglars who broke in to her Mid Norfolk home and said: 'What are you doing in my house - get out.'
The pensioner was in bed at at her bungalow at Cubitts Close, Bintree, at about 10.30pm on Saturday when she heard a noise and then a few minutes later two men - both dressed in black with their faces covered - went in to her bedroom.
They asked for money but she got up an told them to get out and followed them in to the hall.
The men then left and it is believed they went out of a kitchen window they had forced to get in.
They had searched the house before they went in to the bedroom and took a small amount of cash.
Det Con Gill Lacey, of Thetford CID, said: 'She did very well.'
- 1 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 7 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
Officers want to hear from anyone with information on the incident or who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on Saturday night.
Contact Det Con Lacey at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.