Woman pensioner dies in A47 accident
Richard ParrPolice today appealed for witnesses to a Bank Holiday Monday accident on the A47 in which a woman pensioner died.The accident happened on the A47 at Little Fransham, 500 metres east of Crown Lane.Richard Parr
Police today appealed for witnesses to a Bank Holiday Monday accident on the A47 in which a woman pensioner died.
The accident happened on the A47 at Little Fransham, 500 metres east of Crown Lane.
At about 4.22pm a blue BMW 316i was travelling from Dereham towards Little Fransham when it left the carriageway on the off side and ended up in a collision with a tree in an adjacent field.
The woman who died, aged in her late 60s, was a front seat passenger in the vehicle and was from the King's Lynn area. Police have not yet revealed her identity. No other vehicle was involved.
You may also want to watch:
A section of the A47 was closed for about three hours and traffic was diverted via the A1075 Watton road.
PC Keith Wiseman, of the Serious Collision Investigation Team, is anxious to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision, has information regarding it or the manner of driving the vehicle prior to the incident. He can be contacted on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages