Working hours cut for Bernard Matthews' staff
Richard ParrAlmost 500 workers at Turkey giant Bernard Matthews' Norfolk factory will be working reduced hours from later this week.Richard Parr
Almost 500 workers at Turkey giant Bernard Matthews' Norfolk factory will be working reduced hours from later this week .
A total of 495 employees at the company's cooked meats factory at Great Witchingham, near Norwich, will be working one day less each week for the next three weeks starting on Thursday because of what the company refers to as 'short term seasonal promotional demand.'
The company's factory in Holton, Suffolk, is not affected by the change in hours.
A spokesman for the company today stressed that there are no plans to make any redundancies and all the affected staff have been officially told of the temporary change in working hours.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 2 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town