Working hours cut for Bernard Matthews' staff
Richard ParrAlmost 500 workers at Turkey giant Bernard Matthews' Norfolk factory will be working reduced hours from later this week.Richard Parr
Almost 500 workers at Turkey giant Bernard Matthews' Norfolk factory will be working reduced hours from later this week .
A total of 495 employees at the company's cooked meats factory at Great Witchingham, near Norwich, will be working one day less each week for the next three weeks starting on Thursday because of what the company refers to as 'short term seasonal promotional demand.'
The company's factory in Holton, Suffolk, is not affected by the change in hours.
A spokesman for the company today stressed that there are no plans to make any redundancies and all the affected staff have been officially told of the temporary change in working hours.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 3 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 5 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 6 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 7 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 10 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor