Working hours cut for Bernard Matthews' staff
Richard ParrAlmost 500 workers at Turkey giant Bernard Matthews' Norfolk factory will be working reduced hours from later this week.Richard Parr
Almost 500 workers at Turkey giant Bernard Matthews' Norfolk factory will be working reduced hours from later this week .
A total of 495 employees at the company's cooked meats factory at Great Witchingham, near Norwich, will be working one day less each week for the next three weeks starting on Thursday because of what the company refers to as 'short term seasonal promotional demand.'
The company's factory in Holton, Suffolk, is not affected by the change in hours.
A spokesman for the company today stressed that there are no plans to make any redundancies and all the affected staff have been officially told of the temporary change in working hours.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards