Record amount of cash raised at charity coffee morning in Yaxham
- Credit: Archant
A charity coffee morning to help people diagnosed with cancer raised a record-breaking amount.
The Yaxham Macmillan Coffee Morning, near Dereham, saw more than £2,150 raised - up £300 from last year's figure.
Organiser Susan Martin said: 'The committee have done Yaxham and Macmillan proud.
'Months of preparation and the support of the wider community had all paid off with this wonderful turnout and success.
'Thank you to everyone who played their part.'
The event was sponsored by local businesses which provided vouchers and donations. There was also a raffle, stalls, hot drinks and cakes, produce, tombola, and a dogbola – a tombola with prizes for pets, a first for the event.
Another first was a local resident and hairdresser combining their efforts to 'Brave the Shave'.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 10 Norfolk war hero saluted at poignant service
And finally, Yaxham's Breckland District Councillor, Paul Claussen, and Yaxham Parish Councillor, Ian Martin, put on green wigs for the event.
Next year the event will be held on Thursday September 26.