Record amount of cash raised at charity coffee morning in Yaxham
- Credit: Archant
A charity coffee morning to help people diagnosed with cancer raised a record-breaking amount.
The Yaxham Macmillan Coffee Morning, near Dereham, saw more than £2,150 raised - up £300 from last year's figure.
Organiser Susan Martin said: 'The committee have done Yaxham and Macmillan proud.
'Months of preparation and the support of the wider community had all paid off with this wonderful turnout and success.
'Thank you to everyone who played their part.'
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by local businesses which provided vouchers and donations. There was also a raffle, stalls, hot drinks and cakes, produce, tombola, and a dogbola – a tombola with prizes for pets, a first for the event.
Another first was a local resident and hairdresser combining their efforts to 'Brave the Shave'.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
And finally, Yaxham's Breckland District Councillor, Paul Claussen, and Yaxham Parish Councillor, Ian Martin, put on green wigs for the event.
Next year the event will be held on Thursday September 26.