Village to fundraise for school and hall with 40 yard sales
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A Norfolk village is pitching in for its local school and hall with a day of fundraising.
On Saturday July 17, in one of the first big community events since the pandemic struck, residents in Yaxham, near Dereham, will raise funds for the local school by hosting a network of yard sales across the village.
“We had a similar event two years ago, and we wanted to do it annually, but then Covid hit last year,” said organiser Claire Sullivan, a Friends of Yaxham Primary School committee member.
Hosting a stall costs £5. which will go to the school, with any profits being kept by those hosting the stalls.
Car boot pitches are also available in the village hall car park.
Maps of the village, showing where the yard sales can be found, will be available at the hall for £1.
The Yaxham Community Cafe in the hall will meanwhile be fundraising for the hall’s maintenance - where the local scout group will also be running activities for youngsters.
- 1 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 5 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 6 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 9 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
If you would like to join the 40 people who have so far booked to host a stall, email Claire Sullivan at: firstname.lastname@example.org