Village to fundraise for school and hall with 40 yard sales
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A Norfolk village is pitching in for its local school and hall with a day of fundraising.
On Saturday July 17, in one of the first big community events since the pandemic struck, residents in Yaxham, near Dereham, will raise funds for the local school by hosting a network of yard sales across the village.
“We had a similar event two years ago, and we wanted to do it annually, but then Covid hit last year,” said organiser Claire Sullivan, a Friends of Yaxham Primary School committee member.
Hosting a stall costs £5. which will go to the school, with any profits being kept by those hosting the stalls.
Car boot pitches are also available in the village hall car park.
You may also want to watch:
Maps of the village, showing where the yard sales can be found, will be available at the hall for £1.
The Yaxham Community Cafe in the hall will meanwhile be fundraising for the hall’s maintenance - where the local scout group will also be running activities for youngsters.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
If you would like to join the 40 people who have so far booked to host a stall, email Claire Sullivan at: email@example.com