Brave young Dereham girl to cut ribbon of new EACH store
- Credit: Archant
A young girl from Dereham who has a number of neurological conditions will cut the ribbon to officially open a new charity store in the town centre.
Seven year old Isabella Benton will be joined by her family and cast members from Dereham Theatre Company's Beauty and the Beast pantomime when she opens the new East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shop on December 14.
Isabella and her family have received care and support from EACH since 2015, which has helped them all to better understand her complex conditions including refractory epilepsy and global developmental delay.
Her mum Michala, said: 'When Isabella was born she was a healthy, happy baby - all you hope for when you have a baby. We had no reason to believe she wouldn't grow up to be a happy, normal adult.
'At seven months old, Isabella's and our lives changed forever. This kind of thing could happen to anyone and you never know if you will need the unique service given by EACH.
You may also want to watch:
'Without people donating money and supporting its shops, EACH wouldn't exist and where would children like Isabella or families like us get the help and support we need? We hope people generously support the new Dereham shop to help families just like ours.'
The opening will also be attended by pupils from Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School, who will hand out sweets to customers.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
This Christmas, the school is supporting the new store by collecting donations of stock and by holding a special Christmas jumper day.
Dereham shop manager, Liz Allen, said: 'We're delighted to be extending our retail offering to Dereham and thrilled so many members of the community will be joining us for the grand opening – please feel free to join us.
'There are lots to have a look at, including a kids' zone, book room retreat on the first floor and even a dedicated men's fashion room. We'll have plenty of refreshments, too.
'As ever when we open new shops, we're on the lookout for good-quality donations and volunteers to help us become successful.'
The Market Place store will open its doors at 10am on Thursday, 14 December.
If you would like to volunteer with the store phone 07540 335680 or email EACH. There will also be a volunteer open day on December 7, between 10am and 4pm.