Your Say - Dereham people reveal their favourite day trip spots
- Credit: Noah Vickers
With most foreign travel still dependent on negative Covid tests, even from July 19, days out in our beautiful county may be the way to go this summer. Reporter Noah Vickers asked people in Dereham about their favourite spots.
Carol Knights, 72, who is retired and lives in the town, said: “Wells. It’s just so beautiful. It can get very busy, that’s the only thing.”
She added that she was also a fan of the Cromer Pier Show.
Sam Kingsland, 47, who lives in Dereham said: “I’ve got four kids, and I like to take them to Walcott. There’s no amusements there, so it’s quiet - and cheap. They have a brilliant fish and chip shop too."
Molly Matthews, 82, who is retired and lives in the town, said: “Anywhere on the coast really - I like to go to Wells, and go walking from the pine woods to the sea and along the shore.”
You may also want to watch:
Jorge Martines, a 55-year-old delivery driver, who lives in the town, said: “Visiting the coast is our favourite. The beaches at Great Yarmouth, Cromer or Wells are all great, and have good walks.”
William English, 82, who is retired and lives in Mattishall, said: “Anywhere on the north coast. The last time I went up there, I went to Wells, and I enjoy getting a fish and chips after a walk.”
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 4 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 8 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
Helena Monsanto, 39, who works in a school and lives in Dereham, said: “I like Sheringham. It’s nice to go walking, and just listen to the sounds of the sea - it’s very relaxing.”