Zip wire event at Dereham Windmill hailed a success
- Credit: Bill Pound
Two youngsters, who were injured in separate accidents while enjoying the Dereham Carnival, counted down to the first teddy bear on the zip wire at Dereham Windmill on Sunday.
Joe Casson and Peter Young were treated to a VIP day and given the special task.
More than 80 children brought their bears or toys to zip wire from the top of the windmill and then followed Eric the giant Teddy Bear across to the Teddy Bear Picnic to play pass the parcel.
Organiser Alison Webb said: 'The weather was perfect and we have received many messages of thanks for a wonderful day. All this and we raised just over £750 for the Dereham Windmill charity. Thanks to all the volunteers and the community who made this event possible.'
The next event will be the visit from Father Christmas on Sunday, December 3 between 1pm and 3.45pm.
For details visit the website.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards