Zip wire event at Dereham Windmill hailed a success
- Credit: Bill Pound
Two youngsters, who were injured in separate accidents while enjoying the Dereham Carnival, counted down to the first teddy bear on the zip wire at Dereham Windmill on Sunday.
Joe Casson and Peter Young were treated to a VIP day and given the special task.
More than 80 children brought their bears or toys to zip wire from the top of the windmill and then followed Eric the giant Teddy Bear across to the Teddy Bear Picnic to play pass the parcel.
Organiser Alison Webb said: 'The weather was perfect and we have received many messages of thanks for a wonderful day. All this and we raised just over £750 for the Dereham Windmill charity. Thanks to all the volunteers and the community who made this event possible.'
The next event will be the visit from Father Christmas on Sunday, December 3 between 1pm and 3.45pm.
For details visit the website.
- 1 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 6 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 Royal British Legion branch to celebrate 100th anniversary