Dereham comfortably progressed through to the quarter-final of the Ashton's Legal Norfolk Senior Cup with a convincing 0-3 win over Great Yarmouth Town at Wellesley Road.

The opening ten minutes of the game were heavily dominated by the visitors, without creating any chances for Yarmouth stopper Reuben Lane.

In the 16th minute, wide-man Ryan Swift put his tally into double figures for the season with an intended cross creeping its way in through the far post to open the scoring. 

Dereham maintained the pressure with attacks, spearheaded by the goalscorer Swift, across the first half.

Following an effort cleared off the line, Magpie defender Oli Yun linked up nicely with Swift, who called Lane back into action with a fine save from a low-driven effort. 

The attacking-leading torch was swiftly passed on to Joe Gascoigne as he found himself at the helm of the attacks for the second period of the first half.

Gascoigne failed to make a connection with an elusive cross from the high-flying Danno White, before successive well-worked efforts from just outside the host's penalty area were fire wide.

Four minutes before the break, Dereham made Yarmouth pay, with James Cooper firing home from close range.

A first touch worthy of a well-deserved second goal for the Magpies saw them leading at the break by two goals to nil.

It was a case of copy and paste from the visitors when applying pressure in the second half.

Luke Johnson continued to create & put himself on the end of chances, however Dereham couldn't quite find the third they were chasing until the closing minutes of the game.

Just before time, Chris Greenslade picked up a nasty-looking head injury, forcing a late substitution.

It was Johnson who converted an awarded spot-kick, convincingly, just before the ref blew the whistle to end the game. 

Three goals and a clean sheet marked a successful trip to the coast for Tom Parke and his young squad as they progress through to the next round of the Ashton's Legal Norfolk Senior Cup.