444 go mad in Norfolk at former airbase
- Credit: Archant
There were 19 North Norfolk Beach Runners among the 444 finishers at the Mad March Hare 10k race organised by Coltishall Jaguars at the club's spiritual and now physical home, the former Coltishall airbase.
The course on taxiways and runways was definitively flat and traffic-free although a stiff north-wester had some runners struggling to get airborne.
First home among the NNBR contingent was Neil Adams in sixth place overall with a time of 37.31, followed by Chris Merrylees in 38.45 for ninth, with Adam Smart 15th in 39.37.
Two of the NNBR Super-Seventies team were there, as part of their preparation for a repeat of last year's triumph at the Ekiden Marathon Relay which will take place again at Woodbridge in July.
Mike Marshall clocked 1:03.03 for 375th and Liz Letzer 1:12.54 for 424th.
You may also want to watch:
All agreed that the run was very well organised and the cake was particularly enjoyable.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages