Aldiss Park bowlers sparkle at county finals
- Credit: Archant
Five women from Dereham's Aldiss Park Bowls Club won through to the county championship finals at Carters Bowls Club, with two coming away as county champions.
In the final of the unbadged four wood singles, Lynn West beat Lucy Tufts of Norfolk Bowling Club, 21-8.
In the final of the under-25 pairs, 13-year-old Evie Scott teamed up with Nicole Moseley from Downham Market Bowls Club to beat E Johnson and E O'Hanlon from Norfolk Bowling Club 22-10.
Anita Smith lost 15-14 to the eventual winner, England international Rebecca Field, in the semi-final of the two wood singles while Sylvia Thomas lost in the quarter-finals of the same event.
Lyndsay Cator, Irene Lambert and Anita Smith lost in the semi-finals of the triples competition 12-14 to the eventual winners, skipped by Amy Barker from Great Plumstead BC.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Indoor Bowling Club, situated within Dereham Leisure Centre, Station Road, are staging an open day this Saturday (10am-2pm). All members of the public are welcome to come along and give bowls a try. Club officials and nationally approved coaches will be in attendance.
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 6 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 9 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 10 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children