Aldiss Park bowlers sparkle at county finals
- Credit: Archant
Five women from Dereham's Aldiss Park Bowls Club won through to the county championship finals at Carters Bowls Club, with two coming away as county champions.
In the final of the unbadged four wood singles, Lynn West beat Lucy Tufts of Norfolk Bowling Club, 21-8.
In the final of the under-25 pairs, 13-year-old Evie Scott teamed up with Nicole Moseley from Downham Market Bowls Club to beat E Johnson and E O'Hanlon from Norfolk Bowling Club 22-10.
Anita Smith lost 15-14 to the eventual winner, England international Rebecca Field, in the semi-final of the two wood singles while Sylvia Thomas lost in the quarter-finals of the same event.
Lyndsay Cator, Irene Lambert and Anita Smith lost in the semi-finals of the triples competition 12-14 to the eventual winners, skipped by Amy Barker from Great Plumstead BC.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Indoor Bowling Club, situated within Dereham Leisure Centre, Station Road, are staging an open day this Saturday (10am-2pm). All members of the public are welcome to come along and give bowls a try. Club officials and nationally approved coaches will be in attendance.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end