Aldiss Park Bowls Club celebrate a season of success
For their annual end of season presentation dinner, Aldiss Park Bowls Club were 'at home' in the welcoming atmosphere of Dereham Town Football Club.
The dinner was attended by 75 members and friends, and invited guests George Hunter, Norfolk County EBA President, and his wife Linda.
Club chairman Peter Hart congratulated members on their achievements, which included a league championship, a cup runners-up, and four second place league positions.
The presentation of trophies, awarded for success in club competitions, was made by George Hunter.
n Trophy winners
Mens Singles: David Hicks, Colin Hulm
Ladies Singles: Bridget Horne, Brenda Shorter
- 1 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 2 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 3 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 4 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 8 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 9 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
Mens Pairs: Terry Cator, Brian Wilcock; Richard Barr, David Hicks
Ladies Pairs: Lydsay Cator, Ann Henman; Anita Smith, Sylvia Thomas
Mixed Pairs: Anita Smith, Mick Tilney; Jean Richardson, Bill Parfitt
Triples: Tony Bowman, Peter Hart, Peter Henman; Anita Smith, Richard Barr, John Knights
Final Drive Competition: Ladies: Jean Richardson. Mens: George Thomas