Anglian Combination round-up

Hindringham 3, Wymondham Town 2HINDRINGHAM named a winning 3-5-2 formation, with Walker and Franks playing down the flanks, Clipston returned to the bench with Alex Walpole after injury.

Hindringham 3, Wymondham Town 2

HINDRINGHAM named a winning 3-5-2 formation, with Walker and Franks playing down the flanks, Clipston returned to the bench with Alex Walpole after injury. Guy Elliot helped the club out by playing in goal for the injured Cracknall.

Hindringham started at a high tempo and tried to get the ball down to the front two's feet. Gray and Hudson were both having joy running in behind a high line. Good work from Gray down the right following a corner set up across for Hudson to get in front of his marker and score.

Hindringham failed to build on this good start, with too many balls being given away to cheaply, allowing Wymondham to score an equaliser.

Skipper Coslett was driving the side on from midfield and it was his hard work which got the ball to Gray, who drove the ball home to give Hindringham the half-time lead.

Hindringham looked comfortable in the second half. Clipston came on to replace Franks in a bid to use his pace to good effect. Walpole replaced Stockdale and looked impressive, testing the keeper with a 30-yarder.

Most Read

Hindringham saw Wymondham score from a long kick forward which the striker smashed home from 30 yards.

Hindringham upped their game and a piece of magic from Gray won the the game. He picked the ball up, beat his marker and unleashed a 30-yard shot into the corner of the net.

Next, Reepham away (kick-off 2.30pm), meet Bistro 12.45pm.

Sole Bay 0, Reepham Town 1

REEPHAM ripped out of the blocks and took the lead on five minutes.

Keiran Davis ran onto a Colin Emberley through ball and lobbed the on-coming keeper Gary Matthews.

From there Reepham struggled on the hard pitch. Both teams stuttered their way through to half-time.

After the break Reepham improved, but only in fleeting phases. Sole Bay used a direct attacking style, but Matty Huckle and Beau Howard repelled attacks and Stuart Parsons in the Robins goal was mainly redundant

Shaun Belton smashed one against the bar and Howard headed just wide following a corner.

On Saturday Reepham Town entertain Hindringham at Stimpson's Piece in a 2.30 kick-off.

Bradenham 3, Wortwell 0.

At Hale Road, the Bulldogs got the win they needed to take them to the top of Anglian Combination Division Two.

The game started with the home side dominating early play, with the midfield pairing of Frappel and Garrod working tirelessly. It was the latter who played a superb through-ball into the path of the onrushing forward Forder, whose drive rebounded off the keeper's legs to safety. Bradenham were camped in the Wortwell half, but numerous chances went begging and the teams went in level at the break.

The Bulldogs came out of the blocks with renewed vigour in the second half. With Bush terrorising the full-back, it was only a matter of time before the breakthrough came and on 55 minutes a mazy run and cross from Bush resulted in Garrod meeting the ball with a perfectly placed header at the far post.

With Gilbert and man of the match, Eves commanding the Bulldogs' backline, the home side never looked troubled. On 67 minutes Bush picked the ball up just inside the Wortwell half and produced another strong run, beating three players, before coolly slotting the ball between the keeper's legs to make it 2-0.

On 80 minutes a goalmouth scramble resulted in the ball being cleared to Frappell, who from 30 yards thundered a first-time shot home via the upright.

Thanks went to referee Julian Forder for stepping in, due to the no-show of the allocated official.

On Tuesday, Wells Town drew 0-0 at home to Stalham in the league.