Football: Barnes Print Central & South Norfolk League round-up
- Credit: Archant
There were only two matches in Division One of the Barnes Print Central & South Norfolk League.
Hethersett Athletic won by the only goal of the game at Attleborough Town A to move up to fourth while Sporle beat North Elmham 2-1 to move off the bottom.
In Division Two Briston beat Hockering 5-2 to move up to second place. At the other end of the table Tacolneston Reserves recorded their first league win of the season with a 2-0 success at Yaxham.
The Division Three East leaders Redgrave Rangers maintained their 100 percent record with a 4-2 home win over Bowthorpe Rovers and are now 11 points clear at the top of the table.
Home Care United staged a second hand revival to beat Wensum Albion 3-1 and Morley Village Reserves beat Bar 33 Reserves by the odd goal of three.
Hingham Athletic Reserves stay third in Division Three West after beating Yaxham Reserves 7-1 while Narborough Reserves won 3-0 at Colkirk.
In Group A of the Co-Dunkall Junior League Cup, Dereham Taverners beat Morley Village 6-3 to clinch their place in the semi-finals.
- 1 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 9 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
Similarly, Longham booked their place from Group B with a 6-1 home win over Rockland United. Hethersett Athletic OB topped Group C with a 4-1 win over Watton United Reserves who will probably take the last place as best runners-up.
In Group A of the Woodbridge Engineering Primary League Cup, Bar 33 beat Mundford Exiles 5-1 to go joint top of the Group table with Bridgham United who were 6-0 home winners over Rockland United Reserves. Tacolneston Reserves are also on six points.
In Group B, Dussindale Rovers Reserves beat Castle Acre Swifts Reserves 3-2 while Dereham Taverners Reserves won 3-1 at UEA A.
In the Shoe Trades Cup, Hockering Reserves and Necton Reserves drew 3-3, Tugas United won 7-2 at Taverham, Longham Reserves won 3-1 at AFC Weeting and Gressenhall beat Bacton 5-2.
Fakenham Reserves' promotion bid in Anglian Combination Division Two suffered a setback when they were beaten 1-0 at home by East Harling. The Ghosts' second string are in action at Clipbush Park again this Friday evening (7.30pm) when they entertain Runton United in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Junior Cup.