Beach Runners blitz the early season Broadland event
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-six North Norfolk Beach Runners were among the 360 who ran the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.
This early season event on the road racing calendar and the premier event organised by Norwich Road Runners, starts and finishes at South Walsham, taking in Ranworth, Woodbastwick and Salhouse on a criss-crossing out-and-back course.
First Beach Runner home was, not unusually, Neil Adams in 1:20.23 for fourth place, with Chris Parker not far behind in 1.22.48 for eighth.
Ultra man Vinny Purdy was third in the 40-44 age group and 12th overall in 1:24.49 while in the same age group, Ed Rawlings was fifth and 19th overall in 1:26.26.
Charlotte Neale was the first lady Beach Runner and second female overall in an outstanding 1:26.46, paced by Chris Merrylees who finished in 1:26.50.
You may also want to watch:
In ideal running conditions, several Beach Runners, recorded personal bests.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 4 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 8 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk