Beach Runners blitz the early season Broadland event
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-six North Norfolk Beach Runners were among the 360 who ran the Broadland Half Marathon on Sunday.
This early season event on the road racing calendar and the premier event organised by Norwich Road Runners, starts and finishes at South Walsham, taking in Ranworth, Woodbastwick and Salhouse on a criss-crossing out-and-back course.
First Beach Runner home was, not unusually, Neil Adams in 1:20.23 for fourth place, with Chris Parker not far behind in 1.22.48 for eighth.
Ultra man Vinny Purdy was third in the 40-44 age group and 12th overall in 1:24.49 while in the same age group, Ed Rawlings was fifth and 19th overall in 1:26.26.
Charlotte Neale was the first lady Beach Runner and second female overall in an outstanding 1:26.46, paced by Chris Merrylees who finished in 1:26.50.
You may also want to watch:
In ideal running conditions, several Beach Runners, recorded personal bests.
- 1 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 2 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 3 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 6 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 7 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 10 'Exciting and adventurous' - How aboutDereham works for our community