Beetley bowler claims six wickets
BEETLEY entertained Necton and won by 10 wickets after winning the toss and bowling first.Necton started slowly but the breakthrough came in the 13th over when James Perkins was introduced to the attack.
BEETLEY entertained Necton and won by 10 wickets after winning the toss and bowling first.
Necton started slowly but the breakthrough came in the 13th over when James Perkins was introduced to the attack.
He bowled J Scholey (11) and followed this up with a further three wickets, bowling A Cole (0) and D Hunt (12) with M Drohan (4) caught by Mark Mitchell.
At the other end Sanjay Shah had opener A Scholey (3) caught by David Hoare as Necton slumped to 38-5.
Matt Beaumont's first three scoring shots added 16 to the total and he shared a 24-run partnership with P Bailey (3).
David Hoare returned to the attack, bowling both Bailey and then Beaumont for a hard hit 26, and there was to be no respite for Necton as James Perkins was re-introduced to the attack.
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 6 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 7 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
He claimed two more wickets having A Leskonitch (3) caught by young Lewis Jarrett and R Shepherd caught by veteran Mick Smith to end with figures of 6-14. Simon Stott ended the innings on 75, bowling M Spinks for one.
Openers Keith Daykin (44no) and Ady Burton (26no) took Beetley to victory despite the latter's innings leading a charmed life.
A good team performance with the younger members of the side playing their part in the absence of several senior players.
Necton (1pt): A Scholey c D Hoare b S Shah 3, J Scholey b J Perkins 11, A Cole b J Perkins 0, D Hunt b J Perkins 12, M Drohan c M Mitchell b J Perkins 4, P Bailey b D Hoare 3, M Beaumont b D Hoare 26, A Leskanitch c L Jarrett b J Perkins 3, M Cole not out 1, R Shepherd c M Smith b J Perkins 0, M Spinks b S Stott 1; extras 11. Total 75.
Bowling: D Hoare 11-1-18-2, Simon Stott 8.2-1-13-1, J Perkins 10-5-14-6, S Shah 12-3-27-1.
Beetley (16pts): K Daykin not out 44, A Burton not out 26; extras 8. Total 78-0.
Bowling: Leskanitch 4-2-7-0, M Beaumont 4-0-11-0, D Hunt 5-1-13-0, M Drohan 4-1-18-0, J Scholey 3-0-5-0, A Cole 2.1-0-20-0.